Several of us, tried the Rockies game Friday night and found that most of the people are from out of town and were too focused on getting to their seats. So it is not the best use of time per our experience.
Good places for signature gathering will be the big parks such as ,Cheesman, Washington Park, City Park, Greenways, and possibly storefronts. Neighbors too!
We stopped by Washington Park yesterday evening and had good success there. Washington Park is usually jam packed on the weekends.
Sunday: Meet up at City Park we want to have as many petition circulators as possible for the thousands who attend Jazz in the Park. 5PM to 8PM .
We absolutely need to have all petitions returned to 10081 East Cornell Ave, Denver Co.80231 during the following times.
Judy will be available to notarize the petitions at her home. Please call her for directions or questions. 303-667-7207
Saturday morning 8 – 12
Sunday morning 9 -12
Judy will be available for returning petitions Sunday night at City Park, “Jazz in the Park” until 8PM.
We will be turning in the petitions to the City Clerk and Recorder on Monday, July 1, 2013. This is the deadline.
Thank you to everyone for all your hard work and dedication to saving Hentzell Park
Natural Area, and continuing on with the fight.
In the bigger scheme there are other natural spaces and open areas
ready and ripe for the developers and Mayor Hancock to divvy up. We can’t stop now, nor can we accept this as our reality.
We expect to have two news releases next week documenting our next steps in the legal process.
President – Friends of Denver Park
Donations are always gladly accepted to help with the expenses. We have a PayPal Account available on our website http://www.friendsofdenverparks.org. Also latest newspaper articles are posted there.
Top Posts & Pages
- Public meeting scheduled in Denver for update on Cherry Creek Dam Safety Modification Study and associated spillway activities
- Upcoming Cherry Creek Dam Public Meetings
- Urban Flood Control District Report regarding danger of Cherry Creek
- Supreme Court denies our Petition for Review
- Cherry Creek Dam Water Control Plan Modification Study
- Friends of Denver Parks file petition for certiorari in the Colorado Supreme Court on October 28, 2015
- Joe Shoemaker School Dedicated Today on Former Open-Space Site
- Just waiting for a decision
- School sits on former open space that activists want back — eventually
- Friends Of Denver Parks Day In The Colorado Court of Appeals
Search Our Site