Attached are copies of the Petition for Writ of Certiorari with Appendices 1-6 that we filed today in the Colorado Supreme Court. We are asking the Supreme Court to review the decision of the Colorado Court of Appeals (which affirmed Judge Stern’s denial of our motion for preliminary injunction). It is uncertain when we can expect a decision from the Supreme Court.
Our trial date in Denver District Court is May 19, 2014.
Today we took the deposition of Sandy Dennehy, the oldest daughter of Gerry Phipps, first owner of the Denver Broncos. Sandy testified that as a child and as a young woman, she and numerous friends rode horses along Cherry Creek and picnicked in Hampden Heights North Park north of the Sullivan Dam. This occurred during the eighteen year period from 1947 until the JFK golf course was built in 1965. The parkland was always open, used by the public for horseback riding, bicycling, walking, picnicking, and recreation.
Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and continued support of Friends of Denver Parks.
BENSON & CASE, LLP
Top Posts & Pages
- Public meeting scheduled in Denver for update on Cherry Creek Dam Safety Modification Study and associated spillway activities
- Upcoming Cherry Creek Dam Public Meetings
- Urban Flood Control District Report regarding danger of Cherry Creek
- Supreme Court denies our Petition for Review
- Cherry Creek Dam Water Control Plan Modification Study
- Friends of Denver Parks file petition for certiorari in the Colorado Supreme Court on October 28, 2015
- Joe Shoemaker School Dedicated Today on Former Open-Space Site
- Just waiting for a decision
- School sits on former open space that activists want back — eventually
- Friends Of Denver Parks Day In The Colorado Court of Appeals
Search Our Site